About the Blog
Welcome to a new day in Barrie.
I am honoured to be the Mayor of Barrie and look forward to increasing citizen engagement through such methods as this blog. My intention is to use this blog to generate discussion and provide opportunities for us to share information and engage in a positive dialogue about our city.
A few things about my blog:
- I welcome and encourage your comments. Please note that comments will be moderated to filter spam and inappropriate language.
- If you have a question or would like to provide feedback to City of Barrie staff please use the online feedback form location on The City of Barrie’s website here.
- This blog will not post personal attacks against Members of Council or City staff. However, I do encourage you to contribute with constructive comments and feedback on programs or services, or decisions, or policies – that’s what democracy is all about!
- Any comments you post on the blog will not become part of the public record. If you have input that you would like to be part of the record, or to be addressed by Council or City staff, please send me an e-mail at email@example.com
- If you have a particular concern that you would like my office to address, please send me an e-mail or call my office at (705) 739-4220 ext. 7900.
- I am committed to posting regularly as the primary author of the blog, but from time to time you will see posts and comments from City staff.
I would like to note that the opinions I express in my blog are mine, and do not represent the official positions of the City of Barrie or Barrie City Council.
Getting in Touch
In person or by mail:
City Hall, 70 Collier Street 2nd Floor
Barrie, ON L4M 4T5
T: (705) 792-7900
F: (705) 739-4265
(Please be sure to include your full name, mailing address and telephone number in your email. )